« Return to Results
- New Travels in the United States of America. Performed in 1788. By J. P. Brissot de Warville. Translated from the French.
- Brissot de Warville, J.-P.
- Click the Image to open the Photo Gallery.
- ISBN: NA
- Publisher: London: J. S. Jordan Date Published: 1792
- Description: first edition in English, the issue with the shorter title; [title leaf], xliii, , -483, ,  (contents and errata) pp., folding table; paper covered board sides rubbed and neatly rebacked in cloth, title chipped at fore edge with no loss and a full page of written verse (e.g. "Next sneaking Littleton was seen, Poor Imp! / Caught in the inglorious habit of a Pimp") on verso bleeds thorough, first text page has a long tear in margin that barely hits a few letters, occasional ink marginalia, still a good+ copy and untrimmed; Howes B 784 "A favorable view of America, attracting to its shores many Europeans.",
- Subject: Americana, travel, United States, VSL
- Show items similar to this.
- Volumes: 1
- Item Number: 543862
- Price: $210.84