« Return to Results
- Address and Recommendations to the States, by The United States in Congress assembled
- United States. Continental Congress. Monroe, James, et al.
- Click the Image to open the Photo Gallery.
- ISBN: NA
- Publisher: Boston Date Published: 1783
- Description: Philadelphia Printed, Boston Re-printed, By Order of the Hon. House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1783; first Boston edition; 19.5 cm. tall, 62 pp.; general age toning with occasional spots of damp and age staining, paper not exceptionally fragile but needs careful handling, some margins tattered and early leaves corner creased; in self wrappers and now disbound, untrimmed with three stab holes for the now missing thread tie; Evans 18225 (but see note after 18228) This circular letter to the States, on the necessity of raising revenues for the general government, was reported by a committee consisting of James Madison, Alexander Hamilton and Oliver Ellsworth, and was largely the work of Mr. Monroe … the Boston edition does not contain the Address and petition of the officers of the army.; Sabin 385
- Subject: United States, economic history, public debt, finance law mw8
- Show items similar to this.
- Volumes: 1
- Item Number: 647898
- Price: $2,134.05