« Return to Results
- The Journal of a Tour into the Territory Northwest of the Alleghany Mountains; Made in the Spring of the Year 1803. With a Geographical and Historical Account of the state of Ohio. Illustrated with Original Maps and Views.
- Harris, Thaddeus Mason.
- Click the Image to open the Photo Gallery.
- ISBN: NA
- Publisher: Boston: Printed by Manning & Loring, Date Published: 1805
- Description: first edition; viii, -271 pp., 4 maps (Map of the Alleghaney, Map of the State of Ohio, Plat of that part of the State of Ohio, Plan of part of Marietta) with all but the last of them folding, folding plate (Bird's eye view of the ancient works on the Muskingum); early marbled paper covered boards with leather spine and tips but badly worn with sides detached along with front free endpaper, binder's blank, and title, modern private book plate, minor library markings but including small blind stamps, title chipped at upper outside corner and erasure mark causes a few small holes and removes a few letters, general age toning with age staining and browning on all the pictorial matter, the two largest maps also have short tears but no loss; Streeter Sale 831 "This is an interesting early account of travel in eastern Ohio and one of the first separate accounts of the state. The large map of Ohio by General Rufus Putnam seems to be the first large map of the state. This is, consequently, one of the important Ohio books", Howes H223, Sabin 30515
- Subject: Ohio, Americana, CRN
- Show items similar to this.
- Volumes: 1
- Item Number: 730337
- Price: $5,025.85